Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Table "morerows" fails with DBF?

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 10:59:37AM +0100, Ian Castle wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 20:12, Robert C. Paulsen Jr. wrote:

... clip ...

> You probably want to supply values for the default catalogs and search
> path:
>
>  --enable-default-catalog=/etc/sgml/catalog
>
> and
>
>  --enable-default-search-path=/usr/share/sgml
>
> This will give you behaviour that is compatible with the LSB
> specification.
>
> Another useful option is
>
>  --enable-http
>
> Which will allow you to validate your web sites - e.g. onsgmls -v -s
> http://my.website.tld, which can be nice.
>
> Finally, you can specify a directory for storing some of the dsssl
> "library" functions (some of the higher level DSSSL in openjade is
> defined in terms of lower level DSSSL functions).
>
> --datadir=/usr/share/sgml/openjade-1.3.1
>
> for example. That just keeps all your sgml related stuff in the LSB
> directory structure.
>
> You may also want to specify --prefix if you don't want to use
> /usr/local - but that is probably as /usr/local.
>
> >   make
> >   makeinstall
>
> make install-man to get some nice manual pages.
>

> > then renamed some original executables and made a few softlinks:
> >
> >   cd /usr/bin
> >   mv jade jade-orig
> >   mv spam spam-orig
> >   mv nsgmls nsgmls-orig
> >   mv sgmlnorm sgmlnorm-orig
> >   mv spent spent-orig
> >   ln -s /usr/local/bin/openjade jade
> >   ln -s /usr/local/bin/ospam spam
> >   ln -s /usr/local/bin/onsgmls nsgmls
> >   ln -s /usr/local/bin/osgmlnorm sgmlnorm
> >   ln -s /usr/local/bin/ospent spent
>
> That's the best thing to do.
>

> > The docbook tools I use now seem to pick up the new stuff.
> >

> I'm surprised* that SuSE doesn't have an openjade 1.3.1 RPM though!!!!

Yes it does, but it doesn't install it by default. It instead installs the
older jade.

So now I did an RPM install of openjade from the SuSE CDs. I still had to
make the soft links because SuSE's docbook utilities all point to the
older jade.

--
Robert C. Paulsen, Jr.
robert@paulsenonline.net