Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: docbook.dsl SGML-only?

On Tuesday, July 16, 2002, at 05:31  AM, Norman Walsh wrote:

> [ Follow-ups to docbook-apps, please ]

Okay (wasn't sure which list before).

> / Erik Price <erikprice@mac.com> was heard to say:
> | openjade:/sw/share/sgml/dsssl/docbook-dsssl-
> | nwalsh/print/docbook.dsl:1:73:W: cannot generate system identifier for
> | public text "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN"
>
> You probably need to make sure that there is a catalog entry for the
> public identifier above.
>
> | Could it be that I cannot use this style sheet with the XML version of
> | DocBook?  I noticed that most of the examples show the SGML version
> | being used (http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/appa.html).
>
> No, you can process XML documents with Jade. You just need to use the
> XML version of the SGML declaration explicitly.
>
>    jade [options] /path/to/xml.dcl yourdocument.xml

Okay.  According to that error message, that the file named

/sw/share/sgml/dsssl/docbook-dsssl-nwalsh/print/docbook.dsl

contains the following line

<!DOCTYPE style-sheet PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style
Sheet//EN" [

and that OpenJade wants to know how to resolve this public identifier
into a SYSTEM file.  This is my best guess.  The problem is that I am
unsure of what I should do -- there is a catalog file already present in
the same directory as "docbook.dsl", but unfortunately it doesn't map
this PUBLIC identifier to anything.

Should I manually add a line to the catalog file that does a mapping
here?  And if so, what file on my SYSTEM should I map this PUBLIC
identifier to?

I think I'm making some progress here, and I really appreciate
everyone's help.

Erik

PS: if you couldn't tell, I'm new to these advanced concepts in XML --
I've only ever done high-level SAX/DOM parsing before.