Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Docbook, utf8 and generating output formats

* Boudewijn Rempt; <boud@valdyas.org> on 02 Aug, 2002 wrote:
>(I use SuSE 8.0, with the Jade that's included with SuSE. All other
>components are latest stable versions. Jade couldn't find xml.dcl in
>the default install, but I fixed that.)

have you looked the below file and adjusted to your needs

/etc/profile.d/sp.sh

especially
 export SP_CHARSET_FIXED=YES
 export SP_ENCODING=XML

I am writing with UTF-8 and I do not have a issue ( just with TeX which I
have fixed with placing the following in jadetex.cfg as otherwise I do
have the Turkish characters)

\global\def\Language{TR}
\inputencoding{latin5}

But with Fop or HTML there is no issue at all

HTH
--

Togan Muftuoglu