Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: programlisting in title's

You can add special handling into your CSS file for programlistings
contained in titles as follows:

h5.title .programlisting {
	background-color: . . .
}

"h5.title .programlisting" would read
"h5[@class='title']//*[@class='programlisting']" if you were to use an XPath
match.  "h5.title > .programlisting" would be the same as
"h5[@class='title']/*[@class='programlisting']".

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Wiedmann [mailto:mw@miwie.in-berlin.de]
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 3:14 PM
To: DocBook-Apps ML
Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: programlisting in title's

Using:
DocBook XML 4.1.2
DocBook XSL stylesheets 1.53.0
xsltproc (libxml 20423, libxslt 10019, libexslt 710)

My source document contains lot's of <programlisting>s, which get
a special background colour for HTML output using a CSS file.

<title>s get another background colour using appropriate entries in the
CSS file, this works great too - in general.

Now I have some <title>s which I'd prefer to markup with
<programlisting>, because they are kind of one- or multi-line source code.

In such cases I get HTML output like:

</pre></h5></div>

This conflicts somehow with the two background colours I have in my
CSS file (for 'h5.title' and '.programlisting') and the output is
not readable.

- is there a better way to markup my source document?
- is there a better way to solve this in my CSS file?

TIA
Michael
--
mw@miwie.in-berlin.de                              http://www.miwie.org