Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: PassiveTex fixes for 1.53.0

Bob> It is now possible to get PassiveTeX working again with the
Bob> DocBook XSL 1.53.0 stylesheets.

Bob> I communicated the problems to Sebastian Rahtz who provided two
Bob> PassiveTeX update files to fix the hardest problem, which was the
Bob> introduction of tables to format running headers and footers in
Bob> the static-content on pages.  I added a small customization file
Bob> to fix the font naming problem (used single names rather than
Bob> multiple names), and the use of "1px" as the running head/foot
Bob> rule width (changed to 0.5pt, which works in PassiveTeX).

Bob> These files are available for download. They are attached to
Bob> SourceForge bug #593600 at:
Bob> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=593600&group_id=21935&atid=373747

Bob> I tested these with a TeXLive7 installation.

Bob,

You da man!  I just got this working by rebuilding the PassiveTeX RPM
that comes with Red Hat with the new files included.

Finally I can see the results of the new stylesheets.  The PDF output
from FO is looking better and better!

I take that Sebastian will add this to the "official" PassiveTeX zip
in due course?  I just checked the passivetex.zip on the PassiveTeX
website, and it's still at version 1.18 (with no fixes)

Cheers, Alex

PS. Is there any way I can subscribe to the list, so that I am listed
as a subscriber, but turn off actual delivery of the messages?  You
can do this with Mailman-run mailing lists.  The reason I ask is
because I follow the mailing list via the mailing-list to news server
gateway "news.gmane.org", which saves me the bandwidth and disk space
of receiving the messages via mail, but I was hoping to not waste
folks time with having to manually approve my posts.