Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: xmllint - xinclude

On Tue, 2002-08-13 at 09:39, fyl2xp1 wrote:
> &quot;../../nice.css&quot;;</style>
>
> The I need the ../../nice.css bit to be in actual
> quotes, not entity references, it seems as though
> xmllint changes these references because it thinkgs
> they are content in the html page, I have tried
> various output options with xmllint but I cannot
> seem to fix this problem.  Is there a way to do this,
> all I want --xinclude to do is, do the xinclude but leave
> the rest of my document untouched.

This isn't a fix for xmllint, but if I had to get around this problem, I
would pipe the output of xmllint through sed.

Assuming your @import statement is all on a single line by itself (it's
split across two lines in your message but I'm hoping that's from your
email client), the following should work:

xmllint --xinclude my.xml | sed -e "/@import/s/&quot;/\"/g"

Jason