Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: othercredit in sdocbook

/ Mike Brown <mike@skew.org> was heard to say:
| This is in regard to The Definitive Guide for Simplified DocBook.
|
| The docs for <othercredit> at
|
|  http://www.docbook.org/tdg/simple/en/html/othercredit.html
|
| have an example that shows a <contrib> being used, but that element does not
| exist in Simplified DocBook.

Oh, yeah, the examples are sometimes wrong in the Simplified
documentation because they're identical to the full docs. I need to
fix that.

| Also, under Future Changes it says <affiliation> is going away.
| Should that message still be in there?

Undecided.

| Is there a way to indicate the type of contributor that you are using
| <othercredit> to identify? Would that be a good use for the role attribute?

In Simplified, I suppose role is the best option. Or perhaps if you
need that level of markup, it's time to consider switching to full
DocBook.

| On another note, are there any guidelines regarding whitespace in role
| attributes? For example, is role="foo-bar" preferred over role="foo bar"
| for any reason?

I tend to make them single tokens, without spaces, so that the stylesheets
never have to normalize the spaces or worry about the difference between
"foo bar" and "foo  bar".

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--