Fredrik Svensson wrote:

>needed.
>The docbook.xsl (1.53.0) adds these elements (line 301-326).
>I have currently solved this by commenting out the unwanted portions
>(see example at the end).
>
>How do I go about changing this in the best way ?
>The <!-- --> will work for now, but is there a better way ?

This answer I got from Bob Stayton when I've been asking the same
question several weeks ago:

 >    Currently the HTML head stuff is output by
 >    this template in html/docbook.xsl:
 >
 >    <xsl:template match="*" mode="process.root">
 >
 >    If you only want to modify this for articles,
 >    you could add a template in mode "process.root"
 >    to your html customization layer:

 >    <xsl:template match="article" mode="process.root">
 >     <xsl:apply-templates select="."/>
 >    </xsl:template>

 >    Then it will not output the <head><body> stuff, but
 >    it will process everything in the document
 >    as html.

This works fine fo me.

Of course you can do the same for <book>:

 <xsl:template match="book" mode="process.root">
   <xsl:apply-templates select="."/>
 </xsl:template>

>This "feature" will only be called by the webappliction while docbook.xsl
>should remain normal. I guess it is possible to write some simple
>stylesheet that calls docbook.xsl

Yes. You just need a 'customization layer' - a stylesheet that imports
the original docbook.xsl and overrides all templates you need to change,
as in the examples above.

Regards
Gisbert Amm

http://web.de/