Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: FO footer: total pages and time

<quote from Dave Pawson's book on FO>
What happens if I want to say page 42 of 120, where I don't know the last
page number of the document?

In this case, you need to have a marker of some description at the end of
the document. This is done by putting an empty block as the last item of
content right at the end of the document, and providing an id attribute on
that block. Then you can use

<fo:page-number-citation ref-id="theEnd"/>
<fo block id="theEnd"></fo:block>

which the formatter then replaces with the page number of the very last
page.
</quote>

As for the date of printing, there's nothing in the FO spec or the XSL spec
for doing this.  However, if you're using Saxon I know that you have access
to any java method as an extension function.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Luc Taesch [mailto:list@taesch.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 12:02 PM
To: Docbook-Apps
Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: FO footer: total pages and time

Id like to customise the footer as to have

... Page 3 of 15 ... Printed 4/8/2002 15:32

how can i get
- the total number of pages ?
- the current system time ?

(thanks to dave's FAQ , I already found the generic way to customise the
footer).

if its a fop limitation, please let me know too. i found nothing on
googgle...