Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: undefined entity ò in Mozilla

Michael Wiedmann wrote:

> If I try to load one of my DocBook XML 4.2 documents (no XSL stylesheet
> referenced in the XML file) in Mozilla 1.0.1 I get the following error
> message:
>
> XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
> Line Number 4525, Column 19:
> ------------------^
>
> Is this a known bug/behaviour in Mozilla?

It is known bug in Mozilla. It doesn't resolve external declarations,
including DTDs. As &ograve; is declared in DTD which is not processed,
Mozilla can't handle it properly. This bug is in Mozilla since it was
shipped with XML support. By I don't think that Mozilla can be marked as
XML compliant if it can't handle external declarations and entities.

You can replace entities by simple identity XSLT or by xmllint with
noent parameter.

				Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz