Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: Announce: DocBook XSL Stylesheets V1.55.0 released

[ Follow-ups to docbook-apps, please ]

/ Sebastian Bergmann <lists@sebastian-bergmann.de> was heard to say:
| Norman Walsh wrote:
|> http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=111230
|>
|> Release 1.55.0
|
|   After updating to 1.55.0, I get
|
|     Error at xsl:import on line 6 of
| file:/c:/home/docbook/xsl/xhtml/chunk.xsl:
|     Failure reading
|     http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/html/docbook.xsl:
|     no more input

That's odd. I can get the file and I get the whole file.

|     Transformation failed: Failed to compile stylesheet.
|     1 error detected.
|
|   Why are files included/imported from the web?

Because any other URI depends on my local organization and history has
demonstrated that mine is not the one true way. Everytime I include a
URI of the form "../../stuff" or worse "file:///stuff", it fails for
someone (and almost everyone, respectively).

So I've switched to using globally accessible URIs. I strongly suggest
that you use an entity resolver to redirect such attempts to your
local filesystem. Or edit the files on your host to use local URIs.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | There is no excellent beauty that