Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: xmlns attribute in xhtml output...

Sorry for this one, I suspect it's a real chestnut.

Processing my sdbook file with xsltproc and the xhtml/docbook.xsl from
version 1.55.0 on Win2K, I'm getting xmlns attributes in every html
output tag.

Neither my XMetal validator nor my Homesite validator like this very
much, not at all, in fact.

I assumed the xhtml would be valid out of the box, so to speak; is there
a parameter or command switch that needs to be set to get rid of the
namespace attribution?

Thanks.          ...edN