Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Sorting and non-en_US indexes

* David Cramer <dcramer@broadjump.com> [020918 21:08]:
> A related question regards xsl processors and sorting. I checked Saxon's
> mailing list, but couldn't tell whether I could expect it to sort
> correctly out-of-the-box or if we'd have to do a little work:
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=77605
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=1048531

I notice problems for sorting autoidx output using xsltproc (up to the
most recent version of libxml2-2.4.24/libxslt-1.0.20). Some groups of
index entries (e.g. 'A', 'B', 'Q') are sorted to the wrong places.

My document is plain english and contains 600+ indexterms.

Some weeks ago I emailed Daniel Veillard my document for testing but
didn't here anything since then.

Using saxon 6.5.2 creates a correct index using the same document and
stylesheet versions.

Michael
--
miwie.in-berlin.de                              http://www.miwie.org