Subject: RE: DOCBOOK-APPS: Sorting and non-en_US indexes

When I said 'the spec isn't clear' I actually meant 'the spec isn't
clear to me" (because I'm not so good at reading that bnf-ish notation).
Looking again tho, I see this sentence: "...all of these attributes are
interpreted as attribute value templates" (where 'these' has to include
lang--see full text below).

http://www.zvon.org/xxl/XSLTreference/W3C/xslt.html#sorting:

...The following optional attributes on xsl:sort control how the list of
sort keys are sorted; the values of all of these attributes are
interpreted as attribute value templates.

* order specifies whether the strings should be sorted in ascending or
descending order;...
* lang specifies the language of the sort keys; it has the same range of
values as xml:lang [XML]; if no lang value is specified, the language
should be determined from the system environment
* data-type specifies the data type of the strings; the following values
are allowed...
* case-order has the value upper-first or lower-first; this applies when
data-type="text"...

So I think lang on xsl:sort can be an AVT.

David