Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: attribute sets

On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 04:48:06PM -0500, Dennis Grace wrote:

> Okay, I guess I don't get it. How do I make use of the attribute-sets in a
> customization layer? I tried this:
>
> <xsl:attribute-set name="admonition.title.properties">
>    <xsl:attribute name="font-size">10pt</xsl:attribute>
>    <xsl:attribute name="font-weight">bold</xsl:attribute>
>    <xsl:attribute name="hyphenate">false</xsl:attribute>
>    <xsl:attribute name
> ="keep-with-next.within-column">always</xsl:attribute>
> </xsl:attribute-set>
>
> And it did nothing. If I make the font-size change directly to the
> param.xsl file, that works. All my param settings work, but the
> attribute-sets don't. Am I missing an important step?
>
> DocBook XSL 1.55.0
> xsltproc (libxml2 2-4-24/libxslt 1.0.20)
> PassiveTeX 1.21

I know you hate it when someone says this, but
"it worked for me".  I got 10pt "Note" text in my fo output.
I didn't run it through an FO processor, though.
Check your FO output.

What is supposed to happen is that attribute sets of
the same name are merged.  Attributes
with the same name in the set use import precedence
to select the value.  Your customization layer has higher
import precedence, so it should work.  Since you only
want to change the font-size, you should be able to
just specify that and it will get merged with the others.

<xsl:attribute-set name="admonition.title.properties">
   <xsl:attribute name="font-size">10pt</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:attribute-set>

But your version should have worked as well,
so something else is going on.

                                            email: bobs@caldera.com