Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: images in PDF output

First, let me say that as a newcomer to the docbook-apps and docbook
mailing lists, it is not at all clear to me where I should be posting
this query, but I have to start somewhere...

Some colleagues and I are writing some documentation using DocBook.
Currently, we're using XML markup and the JadeTeX-based toolchains
that come with RedHat 7.[23].

When I try to generate PDF output (docbook2pdf), none of the
attributes I set on images seem to have any effect -- scaling and
sizing have no effect.  I've looked at the intermediate TeX and I
don't see anything I can relate back to the attributes I set.

Any ideas on how I might fix this?  Is there a better toolchain to
use? (We're mainly interested in HTML and PDF output.)

We're all brand new to DocBook, and although I like the markup, I
can't say much for our experience with the tools or the documentation
so far.

Thanks for any help.
--
David E. Bernholdt                   |   Email: bernholdtde@ornl.gov
Oak Ridge National Laboratory        |   Phone: +1 (865) 574 3147