Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Re: conditionalization of XML

--9Ek0hoCL9XbhcSqy

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>:
> I think I'm willing to live without else. If I want else, I think the
> right answer is a special-purpose XML vocabulary:
>=20
>   <chapter>
>     <prof:choose>
>       <prof:when condition=3D"html">
>         <title>HTML Title</title>
>       </prof:when>
>       <prof:when condition=3D"print">
>         <title>Print Title</title>
>       </prof:when>
>       <prof:otherwise>
>         <title>Print and HTML Title</title>
>       </prof:otherwise>
>     </prof:choose>
>=20
> Where the profiling application always removes all prof: elements.

Now tell me how this differs, other than in surface syntax, from what I've
already done?

Yes, I could have dressed up my conditionals this way.  Still could with=20
some trivial changes to my flex program.  I thought it would be more
honest to make them PIs.
--=20

--9Ek0hoCL9XbhcSqy

--9Ek0hoCL9XbhcSqy--