Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: XEP for $80

David Cramer wrote:

> > If it's stamping every page, it's still a demo, and I can't see
> > paying $0.80 for a demo, much less $80.00.
>
> Well, I can imagine scenarios where it would be useful. You might have a production machine that has an appropriate (server or whatever), but individual writers are able to produce drafts that have the stamp. Or you would like your translation company to be able to create previews for in country reviews. Unfortunately, there's no stamped version with the postscript backend.

You probably won't be missing PS backend. I have XEP 2.77 with PS
backend (via academic licensing program) and PS files are really huge
(tens of MB for several pages) -- I didn't investigated why, but it is
true. Probably bitmap images are placed into PS in uncompressed format.

			Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz
  http://www.kosek.cz