Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: looking for docbook/xml/xslt/etc courseware

Dear Robert,

You wrote:
>   i have a couple clients who are interested in a course in
> xml/docbook and associated processing.  i could write it myself
> at this point, but it would take some time.
>
>   does anyone have recent, up-to-date and battle-tested courseware?
> feel free to drop me a note and we can talk.  or point me at a
> web site where i can take a look at some offerings and we can
> negotiate later.  thanks.

We have a comprehensive range of XML courseware, including
DocBook topics.  You do want to teach DocBook using XML,
and not SGML, right?

The website to look at is http://www.zveno.com/courses/

In fact, our courseware is itself written in DocBook and
the diagrams in SVG.  These are processed using XSLT to
produce the course materials.  We use XSL-FO + FOP for
printed materials and SVG for data projection (instead of
PowerPoint).  IOW, we eat our own dogfood ;-)

Cheers,
Steve Ball

--
Steve Ball            |   XSLT Standard Library   | Training & Seminars
Zveno Pty Ltd         |     Web Tcl Complete      |   XML XSL Schemas