Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: [patch] fo:marker fix

Tim says

I needed this patch to get passivetex (1.21) to accept the output from
the XSL stylesheets.  Is it correct, or a hack?
<<<<<

Hmmm, since you're messing with section.title.properties, I wonder if you
aren't having the same problem I had with section title markup with
PassiveTeX 1.21. If your section titles contain any markup or entities,
PassiveTeX spits up.  I found that this is actually two problems. The
fotex:bookmark apparently cannot process text entities (it even chokes on
&quot;). I'm not sure why PassiveTeX won't process text markup in titles,
but even with the fotex:bookmark commented out, PassiveTeX won't process
section title markup.

The simplest fix, of course, is to disallow markup or text entities in my
section titles.

If I'm willing to accept entities in the titles with no markup, I can
comment out the <fotex:bookmark>. Of course, then I don't get the
bookmarks. I kinda like the bookmarks :-/

I suppose your fix is the only way to get markup in the section titles
short of fixing PassiveTeX.

Dennis Grace

Information Developer
IBM Linux Technology Center
(512) 838-3937  T/L 678-3937  cell: (512)-296-7830
dgrace@us.ibm.com

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary
and those who don't.