Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: docbook-xsl/Cocoon/chunk.xsl

Hey thanks.  I think I'm on the right track and may just have to write something myself.  I'll post it if I get it working.  It will be as generic as possible.

Any more ideas out there?

Thanks in advance.

 Bob Stayton <bobs@caldera.com> wrote:

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 05:03:55AM -0700, Swen Stsop wrote:

> How much modification do you suppose there would be to add navigation? If you could include it you could modify how links to other parts of the book are made. So instead of href="cho2.html" it could be href="doc.html?root.id=ch02#anchor". Something like that. Does that make sense?

Possibly, if the Cocoon server can respond to such href syntax.
You would need something like that anyway if you have
internal links in your document.

I'm not sure how hard it would be to add the navigation.
The navigational headers and footers come from the
chunking stylesheet, but it always writes to a file.

I would think you might be better off starting with
the chunk stylesheet. It still accepts a rootid
parameter to select a subset. But you would have to
customize the 'write.chunk' template in html/chunker.xsl
so that

Do you Yahoo!?
faith.yahoo.com

Do you Yahoo!?