Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: xsltproc fails because of exists() function

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 04:00:14PM +0100, Fischer, Oliver wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the usual thing. Something changed today... xsltproc fails with
>
> Fail: this stylesheet relies on the exists() extension function
>
> I am sure, I have seen this question some days ago on the list,
> but I can't find it at the moment.
>
> Can someone give me a hint?

I'll bet you are using the website stylesheets, right?
The chunk-common.xsl stylesheet file in website
requires an extension function that is only available
for Xalan or Saxon processors, not xsltproc.
You have to include one of the extensions .jar files
in your CLASSPATH when you run saxon or xalan.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com