Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: keyword in index of htmlhelp

Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>:
> > How can I customize htmlhelp rendering (<xsl:template name="hhk">) to generate
> > index for htmlhelp from keywords placed in sectioninfo structures? How can I
> > force to create automatic index just like ToC is created for other formats. Is
> > there a simple switch for it or it requires advanced "hacking" ?
>
> Are using HHK file to generate index or not? The process is different in
> these cases.

I've created HHK with
  <xsl:param name="generate.index">1</xsl:param>
  <xsl:param name="htmlhelp.use.hhk">1</xsl:param>
and it is included in *chm corectly but empty. I have no idea how to insert
elements there and can't find any description in attached doc. Reading DocBook
I guessed that <keyword>MyKeyword</keyword> could be good place to define
entries for index of CHM file. But it not works and I can't recognize in
template "hhk" what is included in HHK as entries (I don't know XSL well yet).

But going further I think keyword could be used for nice automated index.
Keywords appear in <*info> areas and every <*info> has own well known parent.
So it makes ready entry for index. Imagine such document:

  <chapter>
    <chapterinfo>
      <keywordset>
        <keyword>MyKeyword 1</keyword>
      </keywordset>
    </chapterinfo>
    :
    <section>
      <sectioninfo>
        <keywordset>
          <keyword>MyKeyword 2</keyword>
        </keywordset>
      </sectioninfo>
      :
    </section>
    :
  </chapter>

let's say chapter is rendered on pages 7-13 and section is on page 10 then it
could automatically create index during render:

  MyKeyword 1
    7-13
  MyKeyword 2
    10, ... (other pages where this keyword appears)

(Sorry if there is already some automation in this metter, I don't know all
possibilities of DocBook XSL and can't find any other reference than this
attached to stylesheets).

Wlodzimierz Skiba