Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Experiences as Authors

---- Original Message ----
From: "Stephan Wiesner" <stephan@stephan-wiesner.de>
To: <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Friday, November 29, 2002 8:19 AM

> Hi Arno,
> Doesn't the use of xinclude make the writing hard? Like I write
> chapter
> one and want to reference chapter two. My editor would have to
> resolve
> the xlink in order to validate that link. It can't do that, so I
> would
> have to switch the editor?
>
> Stephan

Xincludes are only used inside the book-files, which are basically empty. we
use xmlint to put the books together and transform them afterwards with
saxon. if, say, the glossary file is not present saxon throws some errors,
if it is present the links are resolved correctly.

but you are right, this point involves a discipline from the authors and
strict naming guidelines for the ids.

hth,
arno sosna