Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: xsl reference question

On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 10:01:21AM -0500, eric hagemann wrote:
> After downloading the docbook slides dtd and xsl style sheets and creating a test presentation I attempted to render with xsltproc, which worked fine execpt for the duration.  Upon futher inspection it seemed in the xsl stylesheet 'slides-common.xsl' That is was referencing  the file 'chunk.xsl' from the net distribution at sourceforge.
>
> I was successful in downloading the style sheets to my local machine and pointing the reference there, however in the process I have the following question.  What is the difference between the xsl style sheets in the slides distribution and the full xsl distro ?  Can I drop the two into the same path ?  Or is the slide-common.xsl stylesheet just 'stealing' a component from the larger distro ?

I'm not sure I understand the question.
The slides xsl stylesheet is a customization of
the standard Docbook XSL stylesheet set.  The slides
distribution doesn't include the DocBook XSL distro.
Slides is an extension that depends on DocBook XSL.
It isn't stealing just a component, it is using quite
a lot of the DocBook XSL stylesheet machinery.
You can put them in the same place, as long as there
are no filename conflicts.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com