Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: FO output: author in simpara, entry and term

On Fri, Dec 20, 2002 at 07:39:52PM +0100, ABX wrote:
> Bob Stayton <bobs@caldera.com>:
> > > When I used <author> in some allowed (according to 4.2 DTD) parents I got
> > > errors during rendering to FO with either xsltproc and instant saxon.
> >
> > This was an omission from the FO stylesheets.
> > I checked in changes so that it works in a manner
> > similar to the HTML stylesheets.  It will be in the
> > next distribution.  In the mean time, you can use this:
> >
> > <xsl:template match="author">
> >  <xsl:call-template name="person.name"/>
> > </xsl:template>
> >
> > This puts together the person's name from the
> > subelements.
>
> Yes, it works fine, thanks. Is it also that simple to automatically add
> 'Author:' to each type of rendering with 1.58 when <author> appear within
> <sectioninfo> (but not in other tags)?

No, it isn't as simple.  sectioninfo elements are
handled as part of the titlepage machinery in various
titlepage modes.  See:

http://www.sagehill.net/xml/docbookxsl/HtmlCustomEx.html#HTMLTitlePage

for some help with customizing titlepages.

Also, when you generate text, and you plan to translate your
document to other languages, you will also need to
look at the gentext machinery in DocBook XSL.
If you are not translating, you can just put the generated
words in your templates as <xsl:text> elements.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com