Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: How to process a DocBook file on Debian? (fwd)

Does anyone know a specific HOWTO deal with DocBook/XML on Debian Linux?
The Oasis and docbook.org have plenty on how to write a docbook file, but
are scarce on how to process it.  There are plenty of references saying
"use OpenJade" or whatever, but it is a nightmare of stuff that can't be
found or can't be validated.  I need something more specific.  I want the
thing printed, through RTF or PDF, using whatever stylesheets that work
out of the Debian box.
Note: I used to have it working with DocBook/SGMl about 2 years ago, but
some of the tools have disappeared since so my makefile doesn't work anymore.
So:
- what tools do I need in what order?
- what envars should I set and what should they contain?
- what are the stylesheets and how do I get the tools to find them?
	Thanx,
--

	Tom "thriving on chaos" Peters
		NL-1062 KD nr 149	tel.    +31-204080204