Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: no ID for linkend

On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 08:51:52PM +0100, Gabor Hojtsy wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just tried to build a CHM out of the PHP Documentation sources
> using xsltproc, and I keep getting:
>
> | Error: no ID for constraint linkend: funcref.
> | Error: no ID for constraint linkend: langref.
> | Error: no ID for constraint linkend: features.
> | Error: no ID for constraint linkend: appendixes.
> | Error: no ID for constraint linkend: language.basic-syntax.phpmode.
>
> While the IDs are there of course. If I add any XML node with
> any of these IDs, xsltproc first says I have duplicate IDs, and
> then in the next step of the process says, there is no ID for
> constraint linkend...

  First are you using the latest versions of libxml2 and libxslt ?
I have fixed such a problem a couple of releases ago.
    ftp://ftp.rpmfind.net/pub/libxml/
  Current is libxml2-2.4.30 and libxslt-1.0.23

  Second, the XSLT stylesheets do not use the ID attribute properties
anymore to locate the linkend, but a key based on //*[@id] as I
discovered while debugging the previous problem.

Daniel