Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: list items HTML formating with XSL

I've been overiding several XSL templates in order to get valid XHTML
Strict output. This involved replacing some deprecated HTML attributes like
<li type="disc"> with the CSS equivalents, in this case <li style
="list-style-type: disc">. I noted you already did that in some places,
although not everywhere.

In the process, a got around with a little incoherent behaviour. In the
treatment of list items, the anchor which goes immediately inside the <li>
is moved to the internal paragraph in order to avoid the rendering error of
Opera and Mozilla/Netscape, which inserts a faulty line break because of
the <a> element. However, that correction was not working everywhere for
me, because my document uses sometimes <folmalpara>s for the list items. It
would also not work for <simpara>s. In the process of overiding the
corresponding templates in lists.xsl and block.xsl, I noted that most of
the job could be avoided by simply generating the ID attribute inside the
<li> element, instead of generating a empty <a> element. Is there some
reason you used
instead of the simpler
? My solution worked, but I have a flea in my ear...

(I can forward you my modifications if you like.)

Best regards.

Marcelo Jaccoud Amaral
Petrobrás (http://www.petrobras.com.br)
mailto:jaccoud@petrobras.com.br