Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: website and dir

I am using website 2.3 and have within layout.xml:
<tocentry page="myfile.xml" dir="mydir" filename="myfile.html"/>

myfile.xml contains:
<mediaobject><imageobject><imagedata fileref="../graphics/mygif.gif
" format="GIF" width="50%" align="center"/></imageobject></mediaobject>

which works fine. Using "./graphics/mygif.gif" in fileref, the browser will look in mydir/graphics. Using "/graphics/mygif.gif" the browser will look in the root directory of the server. I would like to keep all of my graphics in one place but I don't want to have to keep track of how many ".."s to use when using the "dir=" attribute of <tocentry>. Is there a way to reference files relative to the root directory of the website (as opposed to the root directory of the server)?

--
Kevin M. Dunn
Professor of Chemistry