Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: website and dir

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 11:10:40PM -0500, Kevin Dunn wrote:
> I am using website 2.3 and have within layout.xml:
> <tocentry page="myfile.xml" dir="mydir" filename="myfile.html"/>
>
> myfile.xml contains:
> <mediaobject><imageobject><imagedata fileref="../graphics/mygif.gif
> " format="GIF" width="50%" align="center"/></imageobject></mediaobject>
>
> which works fine. Using "./graphics/mygif.gif" in
> fileref, the browser will look in mydir/graphics. Using
> "/graphics/mygif.gif" the browser will look in the root
> directory of the server. I would like to keep all of my
> graphics in one place but I don't want to have to keep
> track of how many ".."s to use when using the "dir="
> attribute of <tocentry>. Is there a way to reference files
> relative to the root directory of the website (as opposed
> to the root directory of the server)?

Currently, no.   But this would make a fine feature request.

The Website stylesheets include a template named
'root-rel-path' that computes a relative path for each dir
value.  It is currently used to form links to the toc
icons, css file, and admonition graphics.  But alas, it
isn't used for imagedata paths, in fact, the stock DocBook
XSL imagepath templates are used in Website.  But it
probably wouldn't be hard to customize the
'mediaboject.filename' template to use it, with a suitable
parameter to turn the feature on.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com