Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: file path peculiarity with xinclude

At 10:49 AM -0800 1/14/03, Bob Stayton wrote:
>On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 05:31:00PM +0000, Lisa Carey wrote:
>>  Hi list,
>>
>>  I have a number of existing docbook documents, and was hoping to use
>>  xinclude to join them together into a larger book as described in Bob's
>>  helpful guide.  Each of the documents includes some external files as system
>>  entities.
>>
>>  When I used Elliotte Rusty Harold's xinclude java app to try and resolve the
>>  xincludes in my master book document, it mysteriously couldn't seem to find
>>  the system entities.  Further investigation revealed that it was looking for
>>  each of these external files one level up from their actual location in the
>>  file system.  So, for instance, if the file was at C:\foo\bar\myfile.xml, it
>>  would look for it as foo\myfile.xml.

It's possible it's a bug in XIncluder. Any chance you could try the
same process with another implementation, say xmlvalid from libxml2,
and see if that works?

|           Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)          |
|              http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava             |
| http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA  |