Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: book and website navigation

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 10:47:26PM -0800, Bob Stayton wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 04:55:45PM -0500, Kevin Dunn wrote:
> > I have an official website built with the Website 2.3 DTD (xsl, xsltproc).
> >
> > I have a DocBook book (currently sgml, dsl, openjade) that I would like to serve from my official website. I would like to navigate between the website and the book. I have 2 approaches that I have tried experimentally:
> >
> > 1) Serve the book from within the website. I have tried this with a small xml book, book.xml:

I forgot to mention another possibility.  If you just want
to list your book in the website TOC, you can add a
tocentry for it.  The tocentry element can take an 'href'
attribute instead of a 'page' attribute, and the href can
be a relative reference that points to your book.
There is an example in the example site:

    <tocentry id="nwalsh.com" href="http://nwalsh.com/";>
      <title>nwalsh.com</title>
    </tocentry>

                                            email: bobs@sco.com