Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Getting revhistory/revision[1]/revnumber on a titlepage

Sigh. I still don't really understand the titlepage template system. I'm trying to get the first (in document order) revnumber onto the titlepage like so:

  <t:titlepage-content side="verso">
	  <releaseinfo fo:font-size="8pt"/>
	  <!-- Trying to get it to put only the revnumber for
	  the first revision in document order  -->
	  <revhistory>
		<revision predicate="[1]">
		  <revnumber fo:font-size="8pt"/>
		</revision>
	  </revhistory>
      <title
	     named-template="book.verso.title"
	     fo:font-size="8pt"
	     fo:font-weight="normal"
	     fo:font-family="Times Roman"/>
      <pubdate
		fo:font-size="8pt"/>
      <legalnotice
		fo:font-size="8pt"
		fo:space-before="4.5in"/>
      <copyright
		fo:space-before="1em"
		fo:font-size="8pt"
		break-after="page"/>
  </t:titlepage-content>

When I generate an xsl from this, it seems like it's starting to do what I want, but not quite. There's no template matching revision or revnumber in book.title.page.verso.auto.mode. I would expect it to create a template matching revision that in turn applies templates to revnumber (and one matching revnumber that puts the contents of revnumber in a fo:block with font-size="8pt" in the output. The result is the same using 1.59.2 and older titlepage.xsls.

Am I on the right track and just missing something? Or is this not how it's supposed to work?

Thanks,
David