Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: WEBSITE: multiple toc... one more

Last december, I sent a mail to the DOCBOOK list:
/ Arnaud Vandyck <arnaud.vandyck@ulg.ac.be> wrote:
| I saw in the docbook-website example that you can have multiple toc,
| but is it possible that a toc refer to another?
|
| <toc id="toc1">
|   <tocentry/>
|   <tocentry refid="toc2"/>
| </toc>
|
| <toc id="toc2">
|   <tocentry/>
| </toc>
|
| I'd like a toc that is the same for all the website and never change
| (no expansion), aka top right of every pages, and a toc in a left
| tabular, but I do not want to expand to much:
|
| toc
|   +-- tocentry
|   +-- toc <--- this toc have to be root when you access it
|         +-- tocentry
|         +-- tocentry
|   +-- toc
|   +-- tocentry
|
| So:
|
| toc
|   +-- tocentry
|   +-- toc <--- if you click here
|   +-- toc
|   +-- tocentry
|
| toc
|   +-- tocentry
|   +-- tocentry
|
| Very sorry for my english! I hope every one understood!

Norman Walsh responds:
/ Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:
| / Arnaud Vandyck <arnaud.vandyck@ulg.ac.be> was heard to say:
| | I saw in the docbook-website example that you can have multiple toc,
| | but is it possible that a toc refer to another?
|
| No, I haven't implemented that. But I'm not sure how it would help
| with the problem you described.

I do not understand the response? Can anyone explain how I can
implement something like the layout I'd like to implement?

Do you think that overriding the 'toc' template to always show the
first nodes and the child nodes will be in the tabular...

Maybe a 'graphical' represantation will help:

! banner                                  !
! all site toc (all the toc root nodes)   !
! tocentry1 !                             !
! tocentry2 !                             !
! tocentry3 !                             !

What is the best layout? How would you implement that? Did so already
do that?

-- Arnaud Vandyck
<http://vbstefi60.fapse.ulg.ac.be/~arnaud/>
<http://www.ulg.ac.be/cgi-bin/ph/search?id=u184137>