Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: gentext customization: remove "Abstract" and"Table of Contents" in HTML

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 10:41:29AM -0500, ed nixon wrote:
> I've gotten to the point where the Abstract generated text is removed
> and replaced with a <b/> in the <p> element. I did this using Bob's
> customization example at Sagehill.
>
> It would be preferable to eliminate the <b/> and surrounding <p
> class="title"> elements. Can you give me some pointers please?

I think you need to create a customized template for
handling abstract if you want to eliminate the title
completely.  Here is the original in html/block.xsl:

<xsl:template match="abstract">
    <xsl:call-template name="anchor"/>
    <xsl:call-template name="formal.object.heading">
      <xsl:with-param name="title">
        <xsl:apply-templates select="." mode="title.markup">
         <xsl:with-param name="allow-anchors" select="'1'"/>
       </xsl:apply-templates>
      </xsl:with-param>
    </xsl:call-template>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

It is the 'formal.object.heading' template that
is outputing the <p><b> tags.
This could be reduced to:

<xsl:template match="abstract">
    <xsl:call-template name="anchor"/>
    <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>

> I'd like to do the same with the "Table of Contents" gentext that
> appears at the top of xHTML output, but it's not obvious to me how I
> would do even suggested customization.

That one should be controllable with the 'generate.toc'
parameter now.  For example, change the default
'article  toc,title' to 'article  toc' to eliminate
the Table of Contents title completely.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com