Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: Turning off "type=disc" attribute in UL

It looks as if the css.decoration parameter tries to control the
type="disc" attribute output with UL. However, the test doesn't seem to
have any effect; flipping the value between 1 and 0 makes no difference.

I've checked for single/double quoting issues pretty throughly.

In fact, if I copy the template to my customization layer and chop out
the entire block as seen between comments, below, the type="disc" is
*still* output.

Should I be looking somewhere else for list-related behaviours? Why
isn't my customized version of the itemizedlist template being executed?

Here is the itemized list template from lists.xsl in the html set:

xsl:template match="itemizedlist">
     <xsl:call-template name="anchor"/>
     <xsl:if test="title">
       <xsl:call-template name="formal.object.heading"/>
     </xsl:if>

     <xsl:apply-templates select="*[not(self::listitem or self::title)]"/>

     <ul>
<!-- customization = remove attribute and space generation logic
       <xsl:if test="$css.decoration != 0">
         <xsl:attribute name="type">
           <xsl:call-template name="list.itemsymbol"/>
         </xsl:attribute>
       </xsl:if>

       <xsl:if test="@spacing='compact'">
         <xsl:attribute name="compact">
           <xsl:value-of select="@spacing"/>
         </xsl:attribute>
       </xsl:if>
-->
       <xsl:apply-templates select="listitem"/>
     </ul>
</xsl:template>