Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: gentext customization: remove "Abstract" and"Table of Contents" in HTML

Bob Stayton wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 02:18:45PM -0500, ed nixon wrote:
>
>>Bob,
>><snip/>
>>
>>After:
>>successfully completed...</p>
>>integrate...</p>
>
> This is very strange.  How would your HTML output include a
> reference to the fo namespace?  Does your HTML customization
> include any references to that namespace?

Yes, my carelessness. The FO namespace was an artifact from an earlier
customization effort.

> But other than the namespace
> attributes, the output is correct, right?
> There are no empty <p><b> for the missing
> abstract title.

Correct, now all that remains are the xhtml namespace attributes.
Unfortunately, they invalidate the output with both the W3C validator
and my desktop copy of CSE HTML Validator.

I've now retrenched to 4.01 Strict on the html side of the stylesheets
because I find the switches and behavior variations on the xhtml side
very confusing. My first accessibility requirement is to generate valid
output and I haven't been able to do that with the xhtml stylesheets in
combination with the customizations I need and processors (Instant
Saxon, Win32 xsltproc.) More study & testing required; not enough time
at the moment. Advice appreciated.

Thanks for your help.               ...edN