Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Docbook xsl stylesheets and accessibilityrequirements?

I think there is quite a bit of information around about accessibility
and the xsl stylesheets. I don't know that it is collected and
documented in one place. Since accessibility is a major interest of
mine, I'd be happy to work with folks in pulling something together, for
the FAQ perhaps? I'd need a bit of coaching about the best way to get
started and also about any wheels that don't need to be re-invented.

To start the ball rolling, some topics might be:
* how do you get valid html output for which versions of html?
* customizing the head and foot sections for clean, linear screen reader
layout
* best combinations of parameter values to maximize clean output
* generating ALT text and longdesc (I've seen traffic about this for sure)
* titles and graphics
* tab sequences and navigation, how to
* customizing menu links for keyboard access

It's not so clear to me how you get accessible PDF output in spite of
advertised capabilities in the latest Acrobat s/w.

Comments? Suggestions?

                    ...edN