Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: XHTML Strict

Steve.Nunez@bluewave.com wrote:

> What that basically means is that I'll be given content in XML, and I've
> got to turn it into XHTML Strict, where it will then be styled by the
> "Creative" department using CSS.

sensible startegy IMHO

> [...] Strict is a requirement of this project, and if it's not available in
> DocBook

DocBook itself, as a document language, has nothing to do with XHTML or
any other possible output format of some transformation. Italian is "not
available" in English, but you can translate English to Italian :)

If with "DocBook" you refer to Norm's XSLTs, then perhaps this package
will offer what you need at some point; I don't know when.

> I'd certainly consider putting in the effort required to get it
> there. Can anyone knowledgeable estimate how much work is required to reach
> this point? I imagine that a truely generic xhtml strict might be a bit of
> work,

true

> so if anyone has any style sheets that work on a subset of DocBook
> 4.2,

I do :)

> (or simple docbook) that they's like to share I would like to have a
> look at them.

You can look at
http://www.pinkjuice.com/howto/vimxml/about.xml#sources
Undergoing a rewrite, moving to a new URL.

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/