Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Breaking a document into smaller pieces

Rune Enggaard Lausen wrote:
>> I'm using Emacs with psgml. Using method a) does not allow me to
>> associate any DTD to my chunk, so psgml is worthless, right?
>

> Wrong :-)
>
> At the end of each subdocument, you put a comment similar to
>
>   <!--
>     Local Variables:
>     mode: xml
>     sgml-parent-document: ("master-file.xml")
>     End:
>   -->
>
> Substitute the name of your file containing the DOCTYPE for
> "master-file.xml".
>
> The next time you load the subdocument PSGML knows where to find the
> reference to the DTD and everything is great again.

Sorry, but it doesn't work. I get the following error message in Emacs'
minibuffer:

File mode specification error: (void function char-table-parent)

As you proposed, I've done the following in my chapter1.xml:

<!-- Keep this comment at the end of the file
Local variables:
mode: xml
sgml-omittag:t
sgml-shorttag:t
sgml-namecase-general:t
sgml-general-insert-case:lower
sgml-minimize-attributes:nil
sgml-always-quote-attributes:t
sgml-indent-step:2
sgml-indent-data:nil
sgml-parent-document:("LEDATutorium.xml")
sgml-exposed-tags:nil
sgml-local-catalogs:nil
sgml-local-ecat-files:nil
End:
-->

I've read through the info pages of psgml, but it does not give me more
information.

Greetings,
Joachim