Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: writing a condensed form of docbook

I was interested to see this item come by last week:
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-matters24/index.html

Here's a quote from the Abstract:
The document format called reStructuredText has been adopted as one of
the official source formats for Python documentation, but is also useful
for other types of documentation. reStructuredText is an interesting
hybrid of technologies -- in syntax and appearance it is similar to
other "almost-plaintext" formats, but in semantics and API it is very
close to XML. David takes a look at this format and shows you how
existing tools can transform reStructuredText into several XML dialects
(docutils, DocBook, OpenOffice), along with other useful formats like
LaTeX, HTML, and PDF.

It might be worth some of your time.

	Regards.            ...edN