Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: FYI - my 'makefaq' program now exports DocBook XML

Purely FYI, back in November[1] I released a new version of my
'makefaq' program that exports from its very simple FAQ format
into a DocBook XML <qandaset>.  I did this mostly because I liked
storing a FAQ in makefaq's simple format:

  <c>General<q>What does the data file look like?
  <a>A plain text file.  Each entry has a category, a question
  and an answer and can span multiple lines and include HTML.

but yet I wanted to generate a PDF file. Now, I know I could have used
any of the zillion tools out there that can go from HTML into PDF, but
hey, I'll confess to being a DocBook geek and it seemed like it would be
simple to do (it was).  So now when you type:

  ./makefaq.py -c DocBookXML

you wind up with a DocBook <qandaset> in a file (default file name
is'faq-output.xml').  Run it through your favorite XSLT and FO processors
and.. ta da.. a PDF file. (or go into whatever other format you want)

I just thought I'd mention this... nothing for anybody to do... unless
anyone wants to give me any feedback on my <qandaset> output. :-)  If you
do want to see the program, it's at:

  http://www.makefaq.org/

Just thought I'd pass along another program using DocBook,
Dan

[1] Someone just recently pointed out to me that I never really
    told anyone I had added the DocBook XML export, so now I am. :-)
--
Dan York, Product Line Manager, 6000 Managed Application Server
Mitel Networks Corporation                 dan_york@mitel.com