Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: qnaentry in div, not html wrapper

At 10:55 11/03/2003 -0800, Bob Stayton wrote:
>On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 04:34:43PM +0000, Dave Pawson wrote:
> > I'm playing with docbook via a servlet,
> > with queries into mySQL database.
> > That means I may get n results.
> >    Each row would refer to a single qnaentry.
> >
> > I'd like to wrap them all in a single html document,
> > each entry in some wrapper.
> >
> > Has anyone looked at this class of customisation please?
>
>I'm not completely clear on what you are trying to do.
>Is your servlet converting the data to DocBook elements?

1. Take a keyword from a user
2. Use that to look up in MySQL.
3. Returns the filename (xml docbook)
4. Use XSLT and Norms stylesheets to convert to html
5. Present that at the servlet as the 'result'.

>Couldn't you create a DocBook document with
>root element <qandaset> and each entry in
>a <qandaentry>?  If you give it a title and
>turn on the qandaset toc, then you wouldn't need any
>stylesheet customization.

Each 'answer' will be one qandaentry,
and since I may want to display n of them,
I need one html wrapper,
then n 'divs' or something, one per qandaentry.

>If you want each entry (both Q and A) in a <div> wrapper,
>then something like this should work:
>
><xsl:template match="qandaentry">
>     <xsl:apply-templates/>
></xsl:template>