Subject: DOCBOOK-APPS: <beginpage /> fails with fop xsl 1.60.1

hi again,

I've written an article, that becomes longer and longer and i started
wondering if i could force page-break.

The docbook lists the <beginpage /> option, but it seems, that
the xsl stylesheet does not know about this. (I have a red
<beginpage></beginpage> in the pdf output file).

The xsl Fop deffinition does:
7.29.17 "page-break-before"
http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xsl-20011015/slice7.html#page-break-before

I'm not too familiar with docbook (and do know nothing about FOP), so is
this a bug, or just missing in the stylesheet.

If it is missing, where do i have to add this as a customization ?

How about an extension (like the one listed in the FOP specs)
 for <begin-page />?

e.g.:
break=auto | always | avoid | left | right | inherit

with the default to break="always" as i do understand the deffinition
in the documentation.

P.S.: I think it would be good to add to the index section on
      "http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/index.html",
      that a simple <index /> tells processor where to put the
      index. I searched for this hint some time.
      thx to Jirka.

Ciao

Jens Skripczynski
--
E-Mail: skripczynski(at)mail2003(dot)skripczynski(dot)de

War doesn't determine who is right,  war determines who is left
                         (Chinese Proverb)