Subject: Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: two issues with XSLT processors -- xsltproc and xalan

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 09:50:57AM -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   to follow up bob stayton's recent posting on adding
> <xsl:output indent="yes"> to get indented, hierarchical output:
>
> 1) works great with xalan.  xsltproc, on the other hand, doesn't
>    seem to recognize this attribute although, in all fairness,
>    no XSLT processor is *required* to do so

  It does for me, I use it all the time :-)
I'm surprized. However libxml2 serialization layer is very cautious
about indentation, if there is a text node found in the set of siblings
it will cowardly but safely refuse to add extra indentation.
The other problem possible might be related to indent inherited value when
there is a hierarchy of stylesheets but I never got a clear bug report
about this.

Daniel