Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Having opensp/openjade include the DOCTYPE

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 10:46:26AM -0600, Adam DiCarlo wrote:
> Trevor Jenkins <trevor.jenkins@suneidesis.com> writes:
>
> > When I use osx (from the opensp/openjade suite) to convert my SGML
> > document to XML I don't get a DOCTYPE declaration included. :-( Is there
> > anyway to force this declaration to be included in the generated XML file?
> > Or must I hack it?
> >
> > Whilst the problem is general and might be seen as OT for this list I'm
> > only using DOCBOOK so as far as I'm concerned it's right on the money. ;-)
>
> No, it's an OpenJade issue having nothing to do with DocBook.  Ask
> those guys, see openjade.sourceforge.net.

Why should it be an openjade issue ?  osx wouldn't be able to _guess_
a doctype declaration for the output.  It's completely
application-dependant.  You'll have to complete that yourself.

Eg:

(echo '<!DOCTYPE ....>' ; osx ....) > out.xml

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson <Yann.Dirson@fr.alcove.com>                 http://www.alcove.com/
Technical support manager                Responsable de l'assistance technique