Subject: RE: [docbook-apps] Tool for Word->DocBook conversion (UpCast?)

I'm in the same boat Steve,

Although I believe the needs of my company will not exceed the defined
elements of s-docBook so I've been evaluating converters in that realm as
well.

W2XMLv2 certainly looks robust but requires each (Windows) user to have the
.NET platform installed as well as a bunch of other stuff - this drastically
limits my ability to deploy it as a standard in our company.

I have not looked at upCast but will do so now...

I have been looking at YAWC http://www.yawcpro.com/ but the downside with it
is the lack of access to the element attributes. Their documentation is
quite limited as well. Solely by trial and error, I was able to determine
that you could apply the id="" attribute to elements by assigning MS Word
BookMarks.

Not sure if I'm being helpful... I too am interested in the options out
there as I need to have a tool that I can convince my Marketing department
to use so we can arrive at a consistent format for all documentation.

Cheers, Miro

Miroslav Wiesner
Senior Interface Designer
Arena Solutions
274 Castro Street | Mountain View, CA 94041

Online PLM from product concept through end-of-life.
Instant on. Immediate ROI.
www.arenasolutions.com