Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Modifying image paths

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 06:40:28PM -0400, Scott Anguish wrote:
> I tend to write my raw docbook with a single image directory as a
> subdirectory of the article.  As a result, my Figures look like this...
>
> <figure id="Graphic_001"><title>Project Builder - New Project
> Assistant</title>
>          <mediaobject>
>            <imageobject>
>              <imagedata fileref="images/Graphic_001.png" format="PNG" />
>            </imageobject>
>          </mediaobject>
> </figure>
>
> When it's time to publish, I need to move the images from that local
> reference to a remote server, so the URL would need to change to
>
> 	http://graphics.server.com/Article/ArticleName/images/Graphic_001.png
>

> I could pre-process the xml through an xsl that modifies the imagedata
> fileref attribute to point to the final location, and then run those
> results through the docbook-xsl but I'm hoping there might be a way to
> do it in one swoop.

You could use entityref instead of fileref in your imagedata
elements.  That gives you a level of indirection.
See this message for a description:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200205/msg00079.html

Then you can use a different XML catalog to map the
entity references to different paths during the final
processing.

                                            email: bobs@sco.com