Subject: xsltproc problem with chunked output?

I am trying to determine what is happening.  I am using xsltproc,
xmllint, docbook dtd 4.2 and 1.60.1 version of stylesheets on mac osx.
Everything works fine.

On a hosted server Linux 7.3 with same setup.  The libxslt package is
up to date (1.0.15)
My basic HTML test doc works fine with docbook.xsl. When I run an
article through html or xhtml, I get this error:

Error xpath.c:8353: Undefined namespace prefix
xmlXPathCompiledEval: evaluation failed
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Article is valid and run through xmllint.
This does not occur on my mac - everything runs and I get the right
output.

Could anyone advise me what may be happening here.  I am wanting to
process the docs on my hosted server.

Info I get from xsltproc -V option on Linux machine:

Using libxml 20419, libxslt 10015 and libexslt 706
xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20418, libxslt 10015 and libexslt
706
libxslt 10015 was compiled against libxml 20418
libexslt 706 was compiled against libxml 20418

Info I get from xsltproc -V option on OSX Mac:

Using libxml 20504, libxslt 10027 and libexslt 718
xsltproc was compiled against libxml 20504, libxslt 10027 and libexslt
718
libxslt 10027 was compiled against libxml 20504
libexslt 718 was compiled against libxml 20504